Long-lasting housetraining and immediate relief from accidents on Day 1! Feel confident and in control with our step-by-step approach.
Master our 3-step plan to ensure successful housetraining that lasts.
- Learn how to prevent accidents right away to set your dog up for success, reduce your stress, and keep your house clean.
- Learn how to teach your dog when and where to go potty by rewarding them for going potty in the right place.
- Feel confident knowing when to gradually give your dog more freedom in the house as training progresses.
Get the support you need along the way.
- Our simple, gamified levels keep training engaging and fun as your dog progresses through the course.
- Learn about common housetraining mistakes and how to avoid them.
- Find out how to get the whole household involved for quicker success!
Feel empowered to take charge of your dog’s training and help them build good habits!
- Structured, step-by-step course curriculum with engaging video lessons to keep you encouraged and accountable.
- Downloadable housetraining schedule sheets and training plan to keep you on track.
- Lifetime course access to progress at the right pace for you and your dog and reference old lessons whenever you need to.
- A supportive online community of other pet owners and the course instructor so you can share progress and ask questions.
- How to prevent accidents using a variety of methods like the crate, a dog pen, a leash, and even your lap to find a system that works for you.
- Why, when, and how to reward your dog for pottying in the right place to teach a long-term habit.
- How to gradually give your dog more freedom without causing any “oops” moments.
From Mess to Success is great for:
- Newly adopted puppies and adult dogs of any age who need housetraining.
- Dogs who have been struggling with accidents for weeks, months, or even years.
- Dogs who mark in the house.
- People who want to stop accidents but aren’t sure how.
A Note From Instructor Kristi Benson
Hi! I'm Kristi! I have a big soft spot for sled dogs, who I first met when I lived in Canada's Western Arctic for a few years working as an anthropologist. We brought a gaggle of them with us when we moved to central Manitoba to a small mixed farm, and they've continued to give us joy, exercise, and...how to say this delicately...a lot of house-training opportunities.
The sled dogs we brought into our lives and through our sled dog rescue generally lived outside until we met them. They had absolutely no idea, in a very innocently sled-doggy way, that they should use only the outside of the house as their emptying zone, and when inside, they must hold it. I learned so much from these housetraining adventures, and I'm delighted to be able to share my hard-fought expertise with you!
If you have a dog who makes potty mistakes in the house (urine, marking, defecation, or all of it), this is the course for you. We'll teach your dog to potty outside, and we'll help them develop the muscles they need to hold it inside. And our promise to you: we will do so without harming your dog, your relationship, or your dog's gleeful personality.